The Asian Venture Philanthropy Network (“AVPN”) and all its members are committed to upholding the highest standards of practice in conducting their affairs with their donors, the charities and social enterprises they work with, governmental authorities, other stakeholders in their organisations and in the community at large.
This behaviour is founded on transparency, responsiveness, honesty and fairness.
In pursuing their individual objectives, members will:
- Comply with all legal requirements in their respective countries.
- Practise and promote ethical behaviour.
- Maintain accounts in accordance with the standards and practices in their respective countries and be transparent with respect to income, expenditure and assets.
- Run their own organisations in accordance with accepted governance standards to promote efficiency and sustainability, ensuring that their own management and resources are sufficient to meet their stated objectives.
- Ensure appropriate internal control of resources, carry out internal evaluations of the effectiveness of their programmes.
- No member shall malign, defame or unfairly criticise any other member in any dealings.
- No member will misrepresent its relationship with AVPN and will not disclose any confidential or private information received from AVPN.
- Unethical conduct will be deemed to include any evasive device intended to conceal non-compliance with the Code of Practice.
Version dated 20 November 2011. Adapted from the European Venture Philanthropy Association’s Code of Practice (version in effect in October 2011).